Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Black)
- Product Code: CANON
- Availability: In Stock
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Both a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range, with an expandable ISO 51200 setting, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise and afford Auto Lighting Optimizer for notable clarity in various shooting situations. UHD 4K video recording is also supported at 23.98 fps, along with Full HD 1080p60 and HD 720p120 settings for slow motion recording. Additionally, the processor affords a 10 fps continuous shooting rate, fast camera startup time, and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be used for portraiture, and helps to prioritize focus on a subject's eye for ensured sharpness.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Combination IS
- Combination IS uses the built-in 5-axis digital image stabilization in conjunction with lens-based image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilization.
- Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle to better enable working from high and low angles.
Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder permits bright, clear eye-level monitoring and also permits working with Touch and Drag AF for manually moving the AF area while shooting with the EVF for more intuitive control.
Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash for greater control.
Focus Control Focus Type Auto & Manual Focus Mode Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S) Autofocus Points Contrast Detection: 143
Phase Detection: 99
Viewfinder/Display Viewfinder Type Electronic Viewfinder Size 0.39" Viewfinder Pixel Count 2,360,000 Viewfinder Coverage 100% Display Screen 3" Rear Touchscreen Swivel LCD (1,040,000) Flash Built-in Flash Yes Guide No. 16.4' (5 m) ISO100 Max Sync Speed 1 / 200 Second Flash Compensation -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps) Dedicated Flash System eTTL External Flash Connection Hot Shoe Performance Start-up Time 1 seconds Self Timer 10 Seconds, 2 Seconds Connectivity 1/8" Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B Wi-Fi Capable Yes Power Battery 1 x LP-E12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 875 mAh AC Power Adapter ACK-E12 (Optional) Operating/Storage Temperature Operating
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
Physical Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.3" / 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7 mm Weight 13.65 oz / 387 g with battery and memory card